CARE INTERNATIONAL IN THE CAUCASUS - Accountant
“CARE International in the Caucasus serves disempowered people so they can overcome poverty with dignity. CARE models the principles of transparency, accountability, participation, equity and continuous learning.”
Job Title: Accountant
Department: Finance, Administration and Investments (FAI)
Duty Station: is based in CARE Tbilisi Office
Report to: Finance and Administration Manager
Deadline to apply: September 18, 2019
CARE International in the Caucasus is seeking an Accountant to support the operations of the Finance, Administration and Investments Department.
The general functions of this position is to process all payments to vendors, CARE employees, sub-grantees in Accounts Payable Module correctly with all required supporting documents, to encode all funds receipts from the Donors and refunds from Vendors in Accounts Receivable Module and to record other accounting entries reflecting C/Caucasus Payrolls and any other mission financial activity through People Soft General Ledger. Accountant provides support and financial training to CIC staff and to the staff from partner organizations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Compliance- responsible for processing expenditure reports for vendors, CARE employees, sub-grantees according to the rules and regulations. Supervision of the Cash Management Operations
% of Time: 30%
- Checks mathematical correctness of requests and completeness of supporting documentation attached to the requests in terms of compliance with the Donor requirements, adherence to the CARE Internal policies and regulations as well as to the local tax obligations. Ensures that expenditures are justified and substantiated adequately;
- Reviews procurement documents package for the completeness to ensure that entire set of the documents is in a perfect match and the Invoice and Delivery Report fully reconciles the Requisition. Verified that all documents are on file in compliance with the procurement policy – requisition, bidding and tender documents, contacts/agreement, TOR/scope of work, goods or service delivery reports, Invoice, way bill and authorized signatures as needed.
- Reviews expenditure reports for the office and vehicle running operations and miscellaneous expenses within the petty cash limits
- Reviews all expenditure reports of implementing partners. Maintains and controls expenses versus budget and Cash reconciliation reports for Partner Organizations as well as to other sub awards recipients (NGOs/CBOs). Works in close collaboration and communicates with Partner organizations’ staff to ensure Donor compliance.
- Tracks all standard contracts (lease agreements, short term service contacts, office utilities/communication etc.) and the expiration dates; controls prepayments.
- Regularly checks the status of the outstanding advances pending in the system and tracks and coordinates timely liquidations.
- Provides orientation training to newly hired staff in order to ensure that they know C/Caucasus financial policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with the internal and external Auditors to conduct the audit process; provides with all required support documents, clarifications and analysis.
- Prepares and submits all necessary declarations to the tax authorities
People Soft Data Entry - responsible for encoding of all data/transactions in to the grants management system “People Soft” in all modules: GL/AP/AR;
% of Time: 30%
- Creates journal entries (Direct GL entries-ADJ)
- Uploads spreadsheet journal entries (ADJ/Payroll/Benefits-Int’l and Nat’l staff)
- Accounts Payable
- Processes all types of AP vouchers: PO based, non-PO based, regular, prepaid etc.
- Processes payment methods, apply prepayments vs regular vouchers
- Accounts Receivable
- Records all receipts of funds from the Donors in PS AR Module.
- Records all refunds of funds from Vendors/Employees/Sub Recipient in PS AR Module.
People Soft Data analysis and reconciliation-responsible for monitoring and reconciliation of the Trial Balance and accounts data accuracy;
% of Time: 25%
- Monitors and tracks all data and validates the accuracy of the balances for all TB accounts
- Reconciles bank account balances with the system
- Tracks pending prepayments and liabilities
- Monitors the data flow in the systems, spots the problem and works with SSC on troubleshooting and resolution of the issue
- Tracks accurately the Chart Field Coding information at all levels
Payroll /Benefits/Taxes- responsible for preparation of the reports to process the records of Payroll and Benefits.
% of Time: 10%
- Audits the Payroll prepared by HR and prepares the Payroll Reconciliation report
- Ensures that all tax payments are accrued and paid properly, completely and timely
- Ensures that all deductions are made properly: personal mobiles calls, health insurance
- Prepares Benefits accruals detailed schedules and reconciliations: 13Th Salary and VL
- Checks and validates PAR information and process staff income correct allocations
- Updates Payroll calculation file and processes upload to the system
Perform other duties as assigned.
% of Time: 5%
- Required: Degree of Bachelor in Business Administration/Management, Accounting or Finance;
- Desired: Degree in Accounting;
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Understanding of accounting for restricted income and expenditures by NGOs
- Knowledge of Georgian legislation and accountancy standards and norms
EXPERIENCE (5 years of previous professional experience in a similar position)
- Required: At least three years’ experience of working as an accountant;
- Desired: Preferably in the international organization;
- Understanding of computer applications in respect to accounting, budgeting and cash control
- Good command in both spoken and written English.
Please submit a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae (including names and contact information of three references) to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate “Accountant” in the subject line of your application, otherwise your application will not be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CARE requires that its employees, volunteers, suppliers, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities as well as any subcontractors, will neither use or engage in, nor allow their employees or other persons engaged by them to use or engage in, any: threats of violence, verbal or psychological harassment or abuse, and/or sexual exploitation and abuse.